You've all seen a shaman do something cool and thought "gee, I wish I could be as cool as a shaman". Well, there are actually a lot of items in the game that can help you to replicate those abilities, though some are more reliable than others. Unfortunately, none can make you as cool as a shaman.
- Hydrocane: Drops from a semi-rare boss near the beginning of Gnomeregan. Very easy to get solo if you're 50+. Constant.
- Deepdive Helmet: Requires Engineering. Constant effect.
- Waterbreathing Elixirs: Crafted by Alchemists, though there are also some you can receive as quests. 30-min and 60-min varieties.
- Band of Icy Depths: You're never getting this. Ever. Constant effect.
- Unending Breath spell: Warlock spell. Same spell, but requires no reagent. Thanks a lot, Blizz.
- Hallow's End Pumpkin Treat: One of its numerous effects is that it'll turn you into a ghost, which gives you Levitation. Only available during Hallow's End holiday.
- Priest Levitate spell: Same basic idea as Water Walking, except that it also gives them Slow Fall. Arrrgh...at least this time it requires a reagent.
- Goblin Jumper Cables: There are two varieties; the XL version works more often, and doesn't need to be equipped anymore. The XL version has to be made by a Goblin Engineer, but any Engineer can use them. Sometimes doesn't work.
- Priest Resurrection spell: Same spell, different designation.
- Paladin Redemption spell: SSDD.
- Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether: You get a 10% chance to self-rez on death. Not bad, but pretty hard to get.
- Lightning Capacitor: A 13% drop off Illhoof in Karazhan. Not nearly as reliable as the real thing of course, and only works for casters.
- Gnomish Death Ray: Kinda similar, and can put out a decent amount of damage. Requires Engineering to make it (and it's BOP) but not to use it, so if you drop Engineering you can keep using it (like I do).
- Haste Potion: Chug one of these and go crazy. Only lasts 1/3 as long, and I don't really know how the speed-up compares. Also apparently only works on melee and ranged, not spells.
- Drums of Battle: Gives your whole GROUP an 80 haste speed buff that lasts 30 seconds, with a 2 min cooldown. Requires Leatherworking to use. 50 charges. (Thanks Frogs!)
- Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator: Sort of like Chain Lightning and Lightning Shield in one crazy-looking gizmo! When you activate it, you basically get a Thorns-style buff that does 5 nature damage to anyone that hits you, not just every 3 seconds like LS. And as long as I've mentioned it...
- Druid's Thorns spell: A simliar punish-your-attackers effect, but causes less damage. However, it activates EACH time you receive damage, without the 3-second cooldown. And it doesn't have any charges to use up. The downside is that you need to find (or be) a Druid to use it, and they're almost as rare as Shamans these days.
Healing Stream Totem
- Stone Statues: Feeds you a steady stream of healing when activated. Jewelcrafter-only. Unfortunately, Blizz didn't make any designed for lvl. 70 players.
- Gnomish Flame Turret: A neat Engineer-only toy that burns up everyone in range. Materials seem ridiculous though.
Well, I could go on, but the remaining stuff is kinda nitpicky. I'm trying not to stick too many profession-based items in the list, since I want the list to be primarily items you can go out and get, no matter what.
Of course, the easiest way to be as cool as a shaman will always be: play a shaman!
EDIT (Nov 19 `07): This post was featured on WoW Insider today! I feel famous now. Maybe I should put some ads up...