Ad Box

From Dubiosity (my other blog)


Tags:



So, I finally bit the bullet and started a Paladin. Well, that's not strictly accurate; I started her a couple months ago, got her to lvl. 9, got bored, and went back to levelling my other alts. But this week, I decided to dedicate myself to getting her levelled up, because there's a lack of tanks on our server. Yea, I intend to make her Prot eventually, but right now I'm taking some select Retrib talents for levelling.

I don't know what to think so far. I was initially turned off by the fact that their combat system is basically just "hit it with a sword" with a few embellishments, but naturally I keep picking up more spells and talents, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. There's a lot of stuff that they can do that I wasn't aware that they could do. Right now though, my biggest issue is my melee hit rate, so I guess I'll have to craft some JC items on Baluki to help her out until I can get into the Prot tree. (EDIT: I thought for sure there were some low-level +hit items that JCers could make, but I was wrong. The first one I could possibly get drops in Maraudon.)

How are my other alts? Let's see...

My mage is up to about lvl. 26 I think. I like being a caster (which is why Baluki is Elemental) but actually having crowd control options up the ass is a new thing for me. I can keep something sheeped forever, I can freeze everything around me, I can slow them to a crawl...it's almost unfair. Levelling is a much more active affair than it ever was on Baluki; I just cast Lightning Bolt until my target dies, and if they close to melee range, I just have to deal with the spell pushback. But on my mage, I can sheep to avoid pulling too many things at once, I slow my target WITH my primary nuke, and as soon as they get in melee range, I freeze them in place, blink away, and do it all again.

I've actually been having a lot of fun with my priest too. She's shadow (though she's only lvl. 22 or so) and I just grabbed Mind Flay, which is an unusual spell. I haven't quite figured out the best way to use it yet, but it's probably much more useful once I've got a couple other shadow spells.

I respecced my 44 warlock to full Affliction after being full Demonology since I started her. Man, what a trip. I've gotten pretty good at fear juggling, and with the increased range of my DoTs, I can just sit back and watch stuff fall over dead. Having my pet out is kinda a liability, actually.